Want a great-looking, affordable website for your work as a writer? Fiction School is here to help!
We’re offering FREE website setups for writers, for a limited time! To celebrate our new podcast and the community of writers coming together, we want to help you get your hard work as a writer up on the web and out into the world!
All you have to do is purchase your web hosting through our link to Fat Cow (the awesome host we use, too–100% wind-powered!). Forward us the receipt and some details, and we’ll do the technical stuff to get your website up and running–for free! Click here to take advantage of this special offer!
Read on to learn more about websites for writers and why every writer needs one:
It’s the greatest time in history to be a writer. With advances in technology, changes in publishing, and new paths for publicity, there’s more opportunity than ever to develop a sustainable career as a writer.
But nobody will ever know you’re writing if you don’t have some space on the web as your home base.
We at Fiction School understand. We may look all fancy with our website and podcast and such, but just a few years ago, none of us had a website, either. We new nothing about coding or html. With some research, some trial-and-error, and a lot of head-scratching, we now have our sites up and going great.
But since that learning curve is so steep for so many of our writer friends, Fiction School has decided to make it easy for writers to get a website up for their work. We went through that learning curve so you don’t have to.
(Baker built this website for Fiction School as a demonstration of what a little elbow grease from Websites for Writers can do.)
So, if you’re interested in getting your own website to start gaining readers and turning them into fans who support your work, then Fiction School is ready to help you!
Just buy your web hosting from the web host we use at Fiction School, Fat Cow. We LOVE them. They’re 100% wind-powered, and they’re really helpful with any technical issues. And, they have cartoons as their logos, because this web stuff should be fun.
Then send us some details and we’ll get everything set up for you–we’ll install the plugins you need, get your name and tagline in place and install your chosen theme.
We can do this all for free because we get a finder’s fee from Fat Cow for sending them business, and it doesn’t cost you any extra. Thanks for supporting Fiction School!
Ready to get your writing out into the world with a great personal website? Awesome. Here’s how:
- Click on this link and buy your hosting from Fat Cow. (You have to use our special link to buy your hosting, otherwise we don’t get paid and can’t set up your site for free.)
- A few notes about your Fat Cow account: It will only be around $40-$50 for a year, plus any extras you want. You also get a free domain name when you purchase. A domain name is the name of your website, like www.domainname.com. Most authors use their name as their domain name.
- Fat Cow will email you a receipt of your purchase. Forward that Fat Cow receipt to us at websites (at) fictionschool (dot) com
- We’ll email you right back with a thanks and high five, and a short, easy form for you to fill out that tells us what you’d like the site name, tagline, and theme to be (we’ll explain all that in the email–it’s really simple stuff).
- Wait a couple of days and your site will be up and awesome.
- Start sharing your writing with the world!